Thursday 7 May 2009

Glimpses of Spring in Cehegin










I love spring in Spain, well at least I the part of Spain where reside. I imagine it is just as nice all over. Maybe a bit chillier up north. At any rate, spring in Cehegin is lovely. The wild flowers are so abundant that you can actually smell the fragrance on the breeze. Too bad for Isabella and Matt who both suffer from wicked hay fever, they can't truely appreciate the plethura of flowers.




Last spring I was confined to my bed, growing a baby. So this spring has truned out to be so much sweeter than normal for me, Remembering all to vividly my time indoors.

After the kids head off to school at 9 am, Ottavio and I sometimes me alone, although this week I did find myself a running partner, set out to the "campo" ,country, which is really just outside my back yard. We exit the pueblo into the orchards and fields where all you can hear are chirping birds and running water. It really is all you could want on a morning run, or walk if you prefer.

I remember the year before we left Fresno. I would run through some of the yuckiest parts of town, and they really wern't that yucky. I would dream of how my morning run would look like when I reached Spain. No trash on the side of the road, no cars blowing exhaust in your face, no hard pavement under my feet. Today I am thankful that I don't have to visualize any thing while I run. I can just look around and breath deep in satisfaction.

1 comment:

Mitch said...

Hey Matt & Sabina --

Mitch Davis here, an old friend of yours from Colorado. I received a beautiful letter from you several months and have been wanting to log on to this site ever since. Finally found the time. What a beautiful tribe of children. What a wondrous life you seem to have created for yourselves in Spain. Michelle and I traveled there a few years ago. We loved everything about it. We love it more now that we can imagine the seven of you living there.

Thanks so much for taking the time to keep us apprised of your family's growth. Thanks for remembering us the same way we remember you. We live in Heber, Utah now. Please come see us if you're ever in the area.

Hang in there. It's all true.

Love,

Mitch