Sunday 31 May 2009

Happy Birthday Ottavio!!!!!!!!!

Ottavio turned 1 today, wow, where do the years go? I swear yesterday I was wondering if my bed rest torture would ever end, and today he is turning 1. He is so sweet, we are all so thankful for this little boy. To think that he might not have been a part of our crazy clan is a "yucky" thought.
Being a parent for the sixth time is so much better in so many ways than the first time. I still wonder at the growth and development, I still awe at the learning and milestones he passes through, I still find enjoyment in describing and telling all the cute and funny things he does, just as I did with my first. But I don't fret as much, I don't worry as much nor do I try to make things be the way I think they should be. I just let it be and love it and really enjoy it.
When I look at Isabella and see a bright and independant young woman standing before me, I get hit with a slight feeling of panic that all the good stuff is passing by WAY too fast. My mind is yelling "SLOW DOWN", I want to scream, cry and hold my kids tight. Alas, we cannot stop the passing of time, we must submit and learn to breath deep, logging every moment in our rapidly decaying memory, and fully enjoy the moment we are blessed with.












Happy Birthday Ottavio, we all love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: